Tuesday 8 November 2011

Iconography Analysis

As a homework task a few days back we were set a piece of work which involved creating a collage which represents ourselves. The above image is one similar to what I handed in (only that one had the top-layer images rearranged slightly, not shown here because I managed to lose the final .psd AND .png; I should not be allowed near computers).

-- The background image is a radial blur abstract which (along with the multicoloured twirl in the bottom right) represents the fact that I spend way too much time messing around in Photoshop, as well as that I appreciate abstract artwork. It also has connotations with the idea that much of my mind doesn't make sense, hence why these two works don't show much direction.

-- The screenshot of Bender from Futurama features the quote-text "Another pointless day where I accomplish nothing". This shows that not only do I like Futurama, I am also not very good at actual productive work.

-- In the bottom left of the image I've put the Wings Over America live album cover; this is because Wings are the best band ever of all time and if you don't like them then your music is bad and you should feel bad

-- The picture on the right is my electro-acoustic Artisan... this is only on here to show that I play bass (not very well!).

-- The fire is on there simply because it looks good, and it fills a space that would otherwise be empty; which links to my stress for consistency within visual presentations - i.e I would much rather add something else to the work than leave an ugly empty spot.

-HM.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent posting - particularly the analysis of the Photoshop over use. Thye best brains, remember, rarely make sense. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

    It won't let me embed things here but thought you might appreciate this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrop_GZsp-U

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny. Minds don't have to make sense, as long as the conclusions they come to are somewhat relevant...

    ReplyDelete